- I’ve been meaning to try a soda bread recipe forever, and this one is so simple, and just right. After a couple of tries, I can mix it together in the amount of time it takes the oven to preheat. It’s a small loaf, just enough to have with dinner. And maybe some pieces left over for really good toast in the morning.
- The Polaris prize is an annual award for Canada’s best album of the year. Pierre Kwenders’ album won the award last night. I’ve added this very cool song from the album to a chill playlist I listen to while working.
- A way to lend support. This an international effort to phase out the use of fossil fuels. I’ve signed my name.
- I’ve decided to revisit the macramé of my childhood with this simple plant hanger. I’m going to try it with this yarn which I have left over from a previous crochet obsession. I also happen to have a stack of gold hoops for the top part left over from an event. But you can order them from here, or make it without.
- RIP Queen Elizabeth. We lost an incredible human being, the likes of whom we’ll never see again, I think. I got up at a ridiculous hour to watch the entire funeral event. I found it both extravagant and personal, befitting of her life. I printed off the two Orders of Service to keep a documentary, mostly because they include all the incredible music that was used.
I hope you’ve found ways to be inspired this September too. xx