Here are a few reasons why I’ve gotten into the habit of pre-decorating my notebook pages. And by pre-decorating, I mean adding washi tape, stickers, some colour with markers, or sometimes watercolour paints.
- So that the pages look pretty as soon as I turn to them. There’s never any fear of the empty page.
- I’m a visual thinker, visual learner, and visual rememberer.
- While I’m watching TV it’s something fun to keep my hands busy. I work on multiple pages at a time so they’re ready to write on as I get to them.
- So that the notebooks are aesthetically pleasing when I go back to flip through them later.
If any of these ideas resonate with you, I always list my sources for the stationery I use. There’s a great big beautiful world of stationery items out there, pretty products to buy (or just admire) and talented creators of paper supplies to support.
stationery in this photo
- journal and leather cover
- brush marker (this one is 079)
- skeleton clip
- washi tape, sold out, but purchased from this shop which has lots of beautiful tapes
P.S. Listening to this playlist as I blog.
P.P.S. My current favourite tea.